Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Uncensored Memory by Jennifer Soh Li Wen (English Version of 'Kisah Kami Berdua')

Uncensored Memory by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 02/04/2006, Sunday, 5:29 p.m.


At first I'm happy,

Lips are sealed;

Ears wide open,

I proudly stood,

Beyond the ocean,

Hearing the waves;

Drops of water dampened my cheeks,

Felt rustle of wind combing my hair,

Then I saw,

The evening sun;

Slowly fades,

Swallowed by the night sea.


This was the place I fell in love,

My fingers were surrounded by pearls;

White silk covered my body,

My face blushed in pink,

He is my man,

Willingly I said yes.


Three years passed,

He kept on changing;

Like weather,

He temper was like summer,

I was always his victim,

He came home at nine;

Called my name with no sense of direction,

I was his aim,

Even though I was a body in two.


Last time my skin was flawless,

Didn't realise the colour darkened;

I see red, blue, and black spots,

My baby on the otherhand is getting bigger and bigger,

From head to toe,

I was hurt in pain and suffering;

Every day the melody accompanied me,

Eating and drinking,

Never my cup of tea.


That was how our story went,

My child and I abused by Papa;

We were summoned by God,

My child was never born,

No chance to view the world,

Both of us suffered a lot;

Didn't know where to go,

We stayed in God's home,

While eyeing on Papa's moves,

My child finally got the groove;

This is your Papa from the start till the end,

Revealing his past mistakes full of regrets,

It's no use crying over spilt milk,

Everything's too late;

I hope to forgive him,

Tell him I love him,

My tears couldn't flow,

So dry;

I lost strength,

I gave birth to this child just for you, my love,

Don't cry,

I never blamed you;

Please forgive me,

Our child is with Him,

Repent, my love,

Don't stop praying;

Call your child,

Whom I've given him your name.


My love,

I miss you;

Keep on fighting,

Remember us,

God will bless you,

I promise;

Your words I will remember,

From the moment I'm a wife,

With you I sparkled,

There is nothing I fear;

In front of you I dance,

Beside you I sing,

Without you,

I am me.


Don't be sad,

Life has got to be perfect;

Try your best,

Right till the end,

Ask questions,

Don't fall;

You are a successful man,

Only you I called my hero,

A loyal husband,

My love for you;

Has becoming deeper and deeper,

One day we will meet,

Be patient, my love,

Don't you drown;

If you stumble,

Quickly stand up,

Don't give up,

You ought to contribute all that you have;

Your presence is so important in this world,

Conquer till the end of time,

When you fly,

Don't be afraid;

When you land,

Don't show arrogance,

Everyone has a living to make,

No one can buy experience;

The further you go,

The more knowledge you come to know of,

Your child up there,

Wants to see you being religious;

Chase your dreams,

Be an example,

To our younger generations,

Honestly, we love Papa;

Now I'm left,

An uncensored memory of you, him, and me.

No comments: