Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Relations

My Relations: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 28th June 2011, Tuesday, 10:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m.


Summertime passed by,

I bid my family goodbye;

To say I’m not depressed it’s a lie,

However I’m not that stupid to make myself die.


I’m going to a place,

Farther than I imagined;

Don’t want people to see my face,

It’s because of them my life has ruined.


If I say many I only meant a couple,

Both whom I loved and both whom made me stumble;

First one couldn’t decide between me and her,

Second one, oh, just made me suffer.


If I say relations I meant relationships,

Relations as in related to a person or more

(And I just can’t take it anymore);

I learnt that humans give me hardships,

Not only to the heart but also eyesore.


You’ll not see me love committing,

With all of my pasts so hurting;

In fact I’m the one, who ended everything,

As I don’t see benefit in anything.


It’s not that I don’t have the curve,

As a woman I’m born superb;

There’s a third one that came to me,

Too bad he just wanted my body.


Since I meet no true love,

I’ve made my ultimate decision;

No use having such curve,

I honestly feel no affection.


I’m walking away from reality,

If I say family I only meant me;

I carry a surname but I don’t know where I originate,

I’m still unsure although someone told me I was thrown away.


All my life I lived in an estate,

With men working from date to date;

They’re kind to me that I don’t hate,

But when they want my virginity I ran pass the gate.


Keeping my virginity alive is my pride,

Everything comes with a price;

If anybody wants to touch me I’d hide,

Till they walk away I’m not surprised.


It’s easy for men to look for a prey,

Too bad I’m not the same;

I won’t buy whatever they say,

It’s my mind they’d want to blame.


I’m leaving everything and people around me,

Not many like I said and nothing to be pleased;

I’m reaching this place – is it a chapel or a temple?

I entered by saying grace with my heart so humble.


My long hair falls bit by bit to the floor,

Soon my head turned bald;

That’s certainly not about all,

I spend most of my time in the hall.


This place gives me peace,

A chance for my inner self to release;

Being here I don’t recall a single thing,

When I’m alone I love to sing.


I lost contact with the outside world,

Everything is religious and natural;

Let them forget me as they tour,

My face, my body, and my habitual.


A nun is what God wants me to be,

Since the first day I was born ever so lonely;

I’ll live right here as long as life wants me,

Even if I die one day I’d still be free.


Every day I quietly meditate,

No one I'd imitate;

The nature in me just takes place,

As if it’s already written on my face.


I pray to God from day to day,

Hoping my relations will be gay;

I owe them nothing so nothing I ought to pay,

Life is better living off this way.


3 comments:

D' Anger Queen said...

shaken me a little.. kinda like me.. bt i dnt wana recll anythng at the moment..

J.Soh said...

Dear Sahmini,

Wow, this one, too?
What a coincidence!
It's just a random story I created.
I mean words just flowed in my mind and I wrote freely and rhythmically.
However, I wrote based on my life a bit, too.
It's a mix and match of reality versus imaginary.
Be strong, girl.
I've moved on, too.
I'm sure every girl will meet their special guy one day.
Don't give up and give time a chance to heal you and also an opportunity for both of you to meet someday.
Take care and God bless :")

J.Soh said...

*Don't give up. Give time a chance to heal you and create an opportunity for both of you to meet someday.