Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Meaning Of Love

The Meaning Of Love

Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen (U6A1), 17/02/2006, Friday, 9:10 p.m.

When the sun shines down upon me,

It gives me hope and courage;

In order to move on,

Showing my speciality,

At the top of the stage,

Singing sweetly;

Casting away all my fears,

Which are far gone beyond.


Today,

I stand as myself;

No matter what others say,

I know I need no help.


My love for music has never changed,

It has been years now;

Perhaps it is my game,

And I will defeat it till I bow.


No one expected it,

That God gave me talents like this;

I’ve always wanted to improve it,

But some just won’t let me.


What is life without music?

Beautiful words full of blessings;

Saving a touch of romance,

To the joy of dancing,

I’m sure none can compare and aware of,

The feelings hidden within.


Love is not only unto humans,

And also not limited to plants and animals;

Sometimes it is the passion that one has,

It is the effort that counts,

Whatever that comes around,

One must do their best;

To encounter it,

Don’t just take things for granted,

Once you regret,

I’m afraid that it’s too late.


In love there are many conditions and challenges,

Cherish all the chances given;

And don’t cry over spilt milk,

When fate isn’t coming your way.

No comments: