Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Person Inside Me

The Person Inside Me

Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 19/02/2006, Sunday, 6:55 p.m.

As I listened to that melodic voice,

Even though it was surrounded by noise;

When I was told that I had a choice,

I did not waste it,

I stood with poise,

Told myself to really believe;

Then gave myself a sigh of relief,

Finally I got to accomplish my dream,

Which is kept only in my body.


The freedom I felt was rather unusual,

It is not easy to be a professional;

With everyone being so casual,

It gave me great sense of pressure,

Am I not good enough for this?

Why can’t I just be like him?

I don’t know what is wrong with me,

Sooner or later I might lose my dignity.


I love to communicate,

It teaches me how to love, respect, trust, and appreciate;

All the great people and things in this world,

Which only occur once in a blue moon,

I don’t know what else to do,

If my future turned other way round;

I’d be off the bound,

And left outside the compound.


Now that I know the person inside me,

Always serious and yet so funny;

Born in the year of bunny,

Naturally admires pink,

A chewing gum to Mommy,

Prefers writing than talking;

Hoping to speak Japanese,

Hates to go to the gym,

Trying to look thin,

End up with tears rolling;

Love to sing,

But poor in memorising,

Really into dancing,

Just keep on smiling;

Making people happy,

Want to appear on tv,

Being who I want to be,

An artist or a celebrity;

With my look so chubby,

Do you think I can make it?

No comments: