Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Insecure

Insecure: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 29th June 2011, Wednesday, 10:28 p.m.-11:06 p.m.


A lady with charisma,

That’s who I am;

I partner with my best friend, Fatima,

Together with our good friend, Pam.


We started a company,

Many years indeed;

We make business successfully,

We prioritize every client’s need.


Both Fatima and Pam are already married,

I’m the one who’s left single;

Both told me financially I’ve succeed,

It’s time to look for a man to mingle.


At my age I admit it’s time,

I met a guy who suits my style;

He knows how to rhyme,

His collection of poems for me is now a pile.


We got together and I love him so,

Time passes by and he starts saying no;

To all my requests to date more often,

He reasons that his time is taken.


I made the effort but he’s not cooperating,

Each time I comfort myself wearing bling bling;

He told me before his love is pure,

Now I’m feeling very insecure.


He says he’s busy,

He apologizes for not dating me;

I found out his life is messy,

But he can’t be as busy as a honey bee.


How come he never thought of me?

What am I to him?

Where is this relationship going?

Why does he have to be king?


I haven’t contacted him for a week,

Finally he called me;

I heard his voice and felt so weak,

My heart speechlessly melted witnessing what I see.


He asked me to look at the sky,

He was piloting up so high;

All this while he worked so hard,

Just to say I’m in his heart.


I felt so touched I shed tears,

Now I no longer have fears;

He used his time to make a proposal,

I answered yes with no refusal.


Both Fatima and Pam are happy I joined the club,

Now we’re three hot mommas;

Even though our company runs actively like hub,

We’re so happy taking care of our children each in their pajamas.


No comments: