Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our Universe

Our Universe

Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 14/11/2005, Monday, 8:47p.m.

This song is dedicated to all out there,

For this is what I want to share;

Don’t just give me a stare,

Just listen to me,

For once I beg,

‘Cause all I want from you is to understand;

All that I have to say next,

And give me a,”Hell yeah!”


It’s nothing bad actually,

I just want you to throw away your vanity;

And search for your own speciality,

From there you’ll learn how to speak.


Attention to all teenage girls,

What’s with diamonds and pearls?

Give your heads a little scratch,

Encounter your very own match,

Never fall into that catch,

That may lead you to the lion’s den.


Attention to all teenage guys,

What’s with all the lies?

There’s nothing left to buy,

Just because you are shy,

But you must always reply,

And never cross the line;

Especially when there’s a fight.


Attention to all Mommas and Papas,

Listen to your child;

So that they will not go wild,

Love them with comfort and mild,

‘Cause you’ll never know what’s in their mind,

Give them some time to shine;

Grabbing every chance they have,

Knowing what they are good at,

And show that you supported them.


To all the people whoever and wherever you are,

Teachers, friends, relatives, or even a beggar;

Most important thing is to be yourselves,

And tell the truth precisely,

Put your families first,

Because this is our universe;

Be brave to be different,

Who cares about skin colour?

‘Cause remember beauty is only skin deep.

No comments: