Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Carry Me

Carry Me

Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 14/11/2005, Monday, 6:51p.m.

Sunset is leaving me behind,

It’s me I gotta find;

Hoping that I won’t be blind,

To get what’s mine,

Being too kind,

That’s not the way;

I tried everything,

It isn’t the same,

Going to that special place,

I hope to see something;

But when the time’s not right,

And I didn’t get the sight,

I was left aside,

And that’s the reason I cried.


Pressure is sticking on me,

How could I get rid of it?

I need some sense of security,

What’s left to be?

Admiring people who already succeed,

While I’m lost in my own eternity;

Wanna meet them with humanity,

When would I have such opportunity?


Different people have different taste,

Unable to meet him is such a waste;

I dreamnt of him on Saturday night instead,

“I like you,” that’s what he said,

I asked him to repeat and that gave me a shake,

Tomorrow morning I began to pray;

Hoping to behold him that very day,

He’s a superstar that’s what I’d say,

Can I make this feeling forever stay?


I can’t deny that I have fallen in love with him,

With good looks and splendid personality;

Hope that he has the same dream as me,

No matter how far we are,

One day we will meet,

And he would carry me;

‘Cause nothing’s gonna change my love for him,

Never had a chance to confess to him,

Not even in my sleep,

Maybe I’m too naïve.

No comments: