Saturday, June 25, 2011

Missing Piece

Missing Piece: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 26th June 2011, Sunday, 12:14 a.m.-12:34 a.m.


Verse 1:


It’s running late but I just can’t fall asleep,

My heart keeps asking, “Why am I still in love with him?”

Or should I say, “My mind still thinks of him,”

Of all these years not even a sign of him,

Do you think he still thinks of me?

Or am I just dreaming?

To assume that he still cares for me,

We admitted there’s none after each other,

Could this be another chance to be together?


Chorus:


I realize this is not about faults,

It’s just that we’re not yet adults;

Our love back then meant so damn lot,

Why did it have to rot?

Darling, you are all that I’ve got.


Verse 2:


I’m still looking for a him,

Not sure who he might be;

You torn my heart away and left it a missing piece,

Which you, only you, are able to reach,

You have the right key for it,

I see no other him;

You hurt me before and yet you win,

You are the missing piece that I seek,

Could this be the beginning of our relationship?


Bridge:


Miles I’ve walked,

Faces I’ve seen;

Hearts I’ve touched,

Minds I’ve read,

Nothing can compare to all that,

Especially when I remembered our chat;

Even the cute picture that we had,

Each anniversary I cut it in half,

Honey, can I get it back?

Will you fulfill my missing piece?

The letter I wrote to you – do you still have it?

Your very old photo – does it still smell of me?

If yes, baby, will you marry me?

You’re my fate, my destiny;

And again we can be happy and complete,

My tears keep telling me, “Mix marriage is all we need.”


No comments: