Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Black Shadow

Black Shadow

Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 05/11/2005, 8:07p.m., Saturday.

What a bright day today,

Seeing people walking on the street;

Acting like they just don’t care,

It’s not like anybody’s having any fair,

What they did,

They would just give me a stare;

Whenever I fix my hair.


Wherever I go,

I see something following me;

But to me,

There’s nothing to show,

I guess it’ll just flow.


When I turned back,

I see nothing;

Except for the road that I left,

What was that thing?

That kept echoing me,

I felt the rush of adrenalin;

Running all over my body,

But all I see was empty.


It was like magic,

So many questions why;

To me it’s so tragic,

Don’t know what’s gonna happen next,

People around told me to relax,

When they saw;

Something dropped on the floor,

Which I called it my sweat.


I’m a girl,

Of course I’m scared;

It’s not that I wanna give it a twirl,

But I don’t know where would I land,

Giving my black hair a little curl,

I finally see my hand;

Turning and turning,

The black shadow kept following,

It wasn’t any bad guy or something,

It was me all along;

How could I get so wrong,

Listening to my own song,

It only happens during daytime,

When I could enjoy my lime;

Just like the others,

We are peoples,

Knowing that I’ll be just fine,

How could I be so blind?

No comments: