Friday, July 15, 2011

You Are My Star

You Are My Star: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 15th July 2011, Friday, 5:47 p.m.-6:10 p.m.


Mommy is so lucky to have you,

You are my life and my virtue;

In this world, there is no other you,

You are the only one that I turn to.


Mommy is just a human,

Mommy makes mistakes;

Mommy is just a woman,

Mommy is there for you, whatever it takes.


My son,

I love you;

You are my sun,

I believe in what you do.


Every day is a blessing,

You and I used to play swing;

But now you are all grown up,

My memory of you is your cup.


I forgive what you did to me,

You abused me spiritually;

You left me for the girl,

Whom you have deep interest.


Together,

We met at the police station;

After you hit her,

She asked for compensation.


Mommy thought that you will be good,

Practice all I taught you since childhood;

In the end, you gave me this?

Princeton, you have broken your promise.


You are my son,

I would do anything for you;

This time, I will be kind,

I shall keep the policemen out of view.


Now, you ought to live with me,

Until you are really 100% ready;

Use your cup,

I kept it right up.


Mommy cannot be with you all the time,

Mommy will be old someday;

At the moment, I am fine,

But you will be on your own one day.


I shall not call you a juvenile,

I will not comment your style;

But I want no more of whatsoever next time,

I do not want the same history to rhyme.


In my heart,

You are my star;

Nothing will set us apart,

Freedom does not mean far.


I know that you are carrying his blood,

But please, do not embody your father.


No comments: