Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Destiny

Destiny: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 6th July 2011, Wednesday, 6:18 p.m.-7:07 p.m.


Her velvet lies,

All in lines;

Her violet eyes,

She got me twice.


She’s that adorable,

All guys are so into her;

While I’m the one she’s in love,

She is still keen to surf.


Having me as her man,

She doesn’t seem to care;

Whether I’m aware,

Of her quietly seeing Ben.


She’s mine but Ben got our way,

She once made him to pay;

For her rental in May,

He even vanquished our day.


I called her,

To say I love her;

She said she couldn’t remember,

Our vacation this December.


How could she do this to me?

I’m not her anybody;

We’ve memories so many,

I was the planner for her Birthday party.


She broke up with me because of Ben,

Rich playboy who made her pretend;

One day she appeared in my caravan,

She got dumped and she said I’m her man.


I forgave her as she wept,

I accompanied her all night long;

I have my promise which I kept,

(When I was alone) I turned it into a song.


She listened to my words,

She said she is my curse;

For burning my heart (it hurts),

And not putting me first.


I’m happy she realized,

Her mistakes with Ben;

I gave her a second chance,

Not as a gift but a surprise.


After a while she began to forget,

The deep, fine love that we had;

She went off chilling with a lad,

She made my heart broke so bad.


This time she told me he’s too young for her,

After a month of being together;

Perhaps she just wanted a pamper,

But now she knows that he’s a player.


The best lie she told Ben and the lad,

Was that she didn’t have a boyfriend;

This fact made me want to collapse,

And I needed more than just one rest.


Managed two failed hookups,

She came back to me;

Missing her pups,

She said I’m her destiny.


No wonder she gave me this test,

It was never meant for protest;

It was to prove that I’m the best,

First ever boyfriend to the last.


No comments: