Friday, July 15, 2011

Message Into My Heart

Message Into My Heart: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 14th July 2011, Thursday, 10:30 p.m.-11:13 p.m.


“Yes, I do,” I said to you,

I never thought this I have to go through;

You are always not in my view,

But our relationship is still as smooth.


As your job is what you got,

I am missing you a lot;

I mark a little dot,

On our calendar each day I see you not.


People want to meet you,

We did not even have a proper honeymoon;

This career you pursue,

Busy business trips all the way to Cameroon.


How I wished you are beside me,

Whenever I fall asleep;

Before we are married,

You have verbally agreed.


What is the point of marriage then?

Since you are always not at home;

Do I have to pretend?

That I am not alone?


Darling husband,

All I want is your presence;

I hope I am not your burden,

It is all about our marriage’s essence.


When you are not in sight,

I will tell myself that things will be alright;

For once I am right,

I suddenly received your letter in black and white.


You do remember that I prefer romantic feelings,

I like to write and do snail mailings;

You said you think of me when you are away,

Your words truly made my day.


I read your letter,

Again and again;

I wish days would go by faster,

My body is in an unusual pain.


I understand you need time,

I will wait for your return;

I want to be a good wife,

I know I am being stern.


One night, I dreamed of you,

We were on a beach so blue;

We held arm in arm like glue,

Your whispers seemed so true.


I quickly woke up,

I thought you came back;

I then soaked in bathtub,

I recall the words you shared.


I am now writing back to you,

To congratulate you and me;

The feeling of pain I meant was just a clue,

I just found out in me I am having your kid.


Honey, money is not everything,

But we need it for a living;

We will be patiently waiting,

We hope not for separating.


Our baby will accompany me,

Both of you make me less lonely;

I love you very much,

I long for your touch.


Although we are far apart,

You send me a message into my heart;

Telling me that you are still near,

Even though you are not here.


No comments: