Monday, July 4, 2011

Believe

Believe: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 4th July 2011, Monday, 4:51 a.m.-5:09 a.m.


Dearest Mom and Dad,

Was I born happy or sad?

Now that I’m mad,

Did you care what I wish had?


You brought me up,

That’s your responsibility;

For producing me,

But am I your tea of cup?


I’m not being funny,

I just want you to believe;

That this girl you gave birth to,

Has her talent to prove.


Dearest Mom and Dad,

What do you expect from me?

If you want a PhD,

I’m sorry I’m not Thee.


In fact I’ve gotten my degree,

Why do you have to compare with everybody?

Saying that other children are born all so smart,

Are you saying that stupid people are from the art?


If that’s what you mean,

Then count me in;

Living in a scientific world,

Doesn’t mean I’ve to be a scientific girl.


Even God is equal,

He creates a boy and a gal;

Everyone is born differently,

I can’t achieve your unachieved dream.


If you want something from me,

Something that I can’t get;

Consider another baby,

And you may announce, “Girl to Let.”


If you don’t want this to happen,

Please listen;

Believe in my creativity,

Don’t treat me as calamity.


No comments: