Friday, July 15, 2011

Still Here

Still Here:

Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 15th July 2011, Friday, 6:11 p.m.-6:39 p.m.


Dearest daughter,

Daddy is still here;

Thank you for looking after,

There is nothing to fear.


In this hospital,

Everything is pivotal;

I heard you went to the shop bridal’s,

I also heard that you are now Michael’s.


Daddy is sorry for being here,

I cannot be there to drink beer;

This coma is nothing to cheer,

I know that for me you always tear.


My beloved daughter,

I am sure you will look like Mommy;

If you still remember,

Your Mommy, too, has a tummy.


It is okay that you are now pregnant,

I am happy to know that I will be a grandfather;

Life is not all the time stagnant,

It is okay to have a tummy and be married later.


I know you are feeling ever sad,

But thank God, Michael is a responsible lad;

Do not worry about Dad,

You are the best daughter that I ever had.


Perhaps my health is playing me a prank,

It makes my mind go blank;

I am sure Mom is tough,

She knows I am not dumb.


I hope you are not tired,

You had better not be here;

I am good and you should, too,

I disallow anyone giving you boo.


So, go and celebrate,

Look pretty on your big day;

I will not forget the date,

I listen to you every day.


I believe that Mom will walk down the aisle with you,

It makes her dream come true;

She wants to do what fathers do,

But she is sad as she wants me to accompany her, too.


My dearest ladies,

I am still here;

Go attend parties,

Save me some beer.


No comments: