Thursday, March 22, 2012

You are that Unique


You are that Unique: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 22nd March 2012, Thursday, 12:29 a.m.-Break-2:05 a.m.-2:37 a.m. (Plus some extra time to edit), In my middle room, University Heights, Penang, Specially Dedicated to my Awesome, Loving, and Caring Neighbour then Brother, Peter Soh Weng Khai, God sent you to my life, my Di Di.

Waited outside of the School,
Showed me the patient you;
Last night’s dinner made us full,
At Mizi Bistro’s recommended by you.

We arrived at 6:42 p.m.,
After my Screen Production class;
But I was late in the end,
He sat at the bench to let the time pass.

My Di Di,
The one who wore green;
The one who grinned,
When he saw me.

The New World Park,
At Jalan (Street) Chulia;
As big as an ark,
Poised with dignity of the Dahlia and Magnolia.

We talked about Mommy and Daddy,
We miss them so dearly;
Their love is as sweet as candy,
They complete each other completely.

We also shared on culture,
Because once we’re mature;
We appreciate nature,
We create overture.

The number of kebaya he has,
22 to be exact;
Sold the orange 1 to his friend,
He’s in fact a 22 year-old lad.

We ordered two set meals,
RM50+RM3 are such hot deals!
He just knows where to go upon suggestion,
Since I wanted something Western.

Done at 8:44 p.m. according to the receipt,
We ordered many;
First a Peach Tea and a Lemon Tea,
Next 5 types of mushrooms in the soup of their original recipe.

Main courses are trendy,
He ordered Chicken Normandy;
I chose Chicken Piccatta,
Before that we had bread and butter.

Boy, once you’re a Master,
It’s also about graduate faster;
Be a person better,
Be a go-getter.

It’s good to be different,
You’re that unique;
Don’t forget the Science’s inference,
Any knowledge will not make you weak.

Ice-cream was the best,
A free-flow fest;
There were yam, strawberry, corn, chocolate, vanilla, and rasp,
We took twice and ate with gasp.

We then took a walk around,
An attempt for digestion;
With bloated stomachs we saw a Nyonya restaurant,
An interesting place we found!

We laughed out so loud,
While looking at the menu;
With the “kay” and the “ark” all spelled out,
We’d like to come with kebaya and sanggul.

We inserted the parking ticket,
Paid RM2.50 and left at 9:11 p.m.;
September 11 is hard to forget,
But our memory reflects of who I am.

Pictures taken before that,
Hair might be a mess but who cares?
2 hours and 29 minutes we were there,
So much caring when each shares.

My brother,
Be a fighter;
I’ll hug you tighter,
Honor your father and mother.

I said I wanted to write a short poem,
I’m a failure;
I can’t reduce the length any lower,
There’re lots to say about the uniquely you, my dear.

Prepare for your Postgraduate journey,
Start by watching Yasmin;
Then to Ah Niu and Namewee,
Write on the Baba and Nyonya cultures with glee.

Cheers to the Soh family,
I’ll meet you early in the morning;
Bunga telang we shall see,
It’s now time to sleep. 

No comments: