Sunday, March 4, 2012

Help and Share


Help and Share: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 4th March 2012, Sunday, 9:45 a.m.-10:08 a.m., In Andy’s Room

My tummy says, “Help!”
Would you share?
Do you care?
Did you feel what I felt?

Sitting beside you,
Staring at you;
The airplane flew,
The amount you chew.

Singing,
Growling;
My tummy,
I want Mommy.

The guy beside me,
Gulping selfishly;
He knows I’m hungry,
He doesn’t show any worry.

Society,
So much of cruelty;
I’m not asking for sympathy,
I don’t need your empathy.

Mister,
Finished his burger;
It’ll make him larger,
It’ll make him die faster.

I’m no difference,
My tummy lacks a conference;
No delegations,
No visitors.

I’ll, too die,
In hunger;
My body turns weaker,
Bony skeleton doesn’t lie.

How much can one eat?
Look, there’s a seat!
Can I fit in?
A couple is talking.

I hopped in,
“Help and share?”
“Come on in!”
Joyfully they said.

Words of laughter,
Don’t take them for granted;
They must be uttered,
Sit down and thank them later.

Our mouths,
It isn’t just for food;
Too much input isn’t good,
You shape your own house.

My tummy says, “Glad!”
They would share;
They do care,
Orphan no longer I am.

The couple,
Went to see my Principal;
Humble people,
My life is now worth a double.

Miracles do happen,
Caring to the homeless;
You’re also human,
Don’t think you’re useless. 

No comments: