Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Apocalypse Bamboo


Apocalypse Bamboo
Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 13th March 2012, Tuesday, 9:15 p.m.-9:35 p.m. (Plus Some Extra Time in the Morning), In My Middle Room, University Heights

Rustling wind,
Shatters my grin;
Bamboo green,
A touch on my lips,
A cut from within,
To what I’ve seen;
I’m suffering,
My soul sings,
My alarm rings,
My tongue tastes mint;
Voices hustling,
Wind keeps on rushing,
Time keeps on pushing,
I’m hurting;
Is anyone listening?
How strong is your hearing?
I’m born with this,
It could be bliss;
If you see me not amiss,
You spot me when feasting,
Who are you to do that talking?
God loves me for me;
He gave me a bamboo to live,
Clean your saliva and leave,
I’ve had enough of it,
Be what you want to be;
Go and create your story,
While I’ve my history,
Too bad you’re not in it,
You just want beauty;
That I can’t give,
You see me as calamity,
You judged me so deep,
Yes, I’m a cleft-lipped;
And I don’t mind about it,
To you it’s an apocalypse bamboo,
To me it’s like a dream come true,
That I’ve found you;
Whom your eyes and mind don’t appreciate value,
And I shall bring my treble clef to where I don’t see you. 

No comments: