Monday, March 19, 2012

Home is where the Music is


Home is where the Music is
Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 18th March 2012, Sunday, 2:03 a.m.-2:51 a.m. (Plus Some Extra Time for Editing), In my Middle Room, University Heights, Penang.

The Alumni Universiti Sains Malaysia Jazz Band,
United we stand;
We go hand in hand,
In passion we understand.

Greetings,
The medley sings;
The alarm rings,
Spreading the wings.

The Alumni Meeting,
So much of blessing;
Old and new faces smiling,
The future’s shining.

No soto (),
Just uchi ();
Do re mi fa so la ti do,
They’ll praise you although you’re off key.

Let me be honest with you,
This 1.1 Room is like magic!
I’ve found my home in music,
This I’d like to share with you.

You may be wondering,
About your upbringing;
Don’t you worry a single thing,
You’ll receive more as you practice giving.

Believe in your gifts,
Have faith in your talents;
Stop your doubts and grieves,
Please come and join us!

Every human is unique,
Always let your hearts speak;
If this is where you should be,
Start off by wearing our tee.

AUSMJB Memorable Meeting,
2nd AGM, 2012, March 17th;
From 8 to 11 in the evening,
Hungry for music in our midst.

As a newbie,
I only know one thing;
Everyone’s so friendly,
In just a few seconds you click!

My utmost gratitude and appreciation,
To both Fatin Osman and Andy Siti;
They’ve brought me to realization,
Of the poetry that I’ve in me.

Dreams and fantasies,
They’re no longer at peace;
They bloom like Daisies,
Flying high across The Seven Seas.

Every breath I take,
Every silence I make;
Every second I’m awake,
Every candle on the cake,
Every fire there’s no fake,
Every enthusiasm I bake;
Every is for the sake,
Every is for the healing of the heartache.

A solo band with a purpose,
Charities and causes with roses;
Rhythms with percussions,
We welcome you to be one of us!

Even the more even the merrier,
Please invite your friends with you;
Trust me; you’ll be so much happier,
I’m already ready, how about you? 

No comments: