Saturday, September 3, 2011

Love, Mom

Love, Mom:
Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 31st August 2011, Wednesday, 6:16 p.m.-6:47 p.m. + Some Extra Time Due To Sudden Thoughts and Ideas

My dearest boy,
It’s time to leave your toy;
It’s time to watch Troy,
You’re now bigger than a boy.

Cooking and dishes you must do,
Not to torture you;
Laundry you must do,
To shape the independent you.

If you comprehend what I mean,
I think your mind and body are ready;
Things can be both dirty and clean,
Your hands and legs can make them tidy.

I need to be firm,
For you to learn;
It’s now your turn,
To build your generation.

If you don’t do now,
It’s now or never;
If you don’t know how,
You always have me, your Mother.

I’ll be your good listener,
I’m your best friend, not your Master;
I hope I can ease your burden,
I hope you’ll share your secret.

Being a Mother is a choice,
Your presence makes people rejoice;
I love hearing you voice with poise,
It’s never an additional noise.

Studies you must not neglect,
It’s your responsibility to accept and act;
Being a student is a fact,
Education must always be left intact.

If you feel stressed,
There’s always a way to relax;
We have to have friends,
Choose wisely from Alexis to Alex.

Pressure is forever there,
You don’t have to be scared;
We can enjoy butter and bread,
Firstly, stress we must combat.

It’s okay to cry,
Tears aren’t created to lie;
But be strong after you cry,
It’s worth a try.

When you drown,
Search for the sky;
When you’re down,
Bid your worries goodbye.

Wounds will heal,
Skins will peel;
Snakes change their skins in mute,
For a better and more beautiful life renewed.

Money is showing no possession,
It’s just a number to buy a mansion;
Our income we don’t have to mention,
A quality life is the best satisfaction.

Health is a golden treasure,
We want it good for sure;
My little boy is now mature,
Fitting into the adult posture.

Again, money isn’t everything,
If you ever want or need something;
You may work hard for it,
But only if it’s yours, you’ll get it.

Sometimes there are items which you’ll miss,
Or maybe they will permanently go missing;
No matter what happens, you just have to keep on living,
It’s okay to replace materials of this and this and this.

Whatever your emotional is,
Tell me, please;
So that there for you I can be,
For, honestly, I can’t mind read.
                                                   
You know no one can replace you,
You know how I keep feeling blue;
I hope you’ll always be true,
Lying is really no good for you.

You may have a girlfriend,
But not so fast;
First, master to defend,
You know, present will be past.

It is never easy to be a human,
As it’s a reality that life is never easy;
I’m sure Dad will introduce you to the world of men,
You’ll realize that the society out there is never easy to please.

Life is a zigzag line,
A super rollercoaster ride;
We don’t have to fight,
For rights are always right.

Life is like fashion,
More like a bicycle;
It keeps on cycling and cycling,
You’ll keep seeing things rolling.

One day you’ll understand,
Whatever I’m doing now is the best;
I’m training you to be a man and to stand,
So that you can solve things whenever you’re messed.

I’m not teaching you to be rough,
Instead I’m teaching you to be tough;
Set any goal or aim or target point where you can reach,
Be reminded that everything has a limit,
You’ll know when enough is enough.

My boy, you’re here not because of me,
I don’t expect you to be like me;
Or to fulfill my childhood dream,
This life is yours to joyfully and freely live.

I love you with all my heart,
It’s more than an expression of art;
It’s closer than the egg with the tart,
Our blood can never ever be apart.

My anger to you is out of love,
My softness to you is out of love;
Today and tomorrow we’re still one,
A family ties for a lifetime.

Someday you’ll be on your own,
I’ll someday leave this world;
You’ve to put on your own coat and fur,
There’s no guarantee on the temperature and weather.

Should you by any chance be against me,
Only God will have a say about it;
As your Mother, I did my best already,
Whenever I’m wrong, I’m so sorry,
I’m just an imperfect lady,
Thank you very much for being my baby;
Thank you very much for calling me, “Mommy”,
Thank you very much for I assume you’ve accepted me for me,
You’re the proof of the love between me and Daddy,
And you should be exceptionally proud of it.

I’ve to pen off now,
I’ll have more messages to come;
Be humble and always bow,
Till next time,
Love, Mom.

P/S: Boy, after reading this piece of advice and words of encouragement, please don’t be numb and afraid. You’re never alone in this world. I’m now playing my part and responsibility as your Mom. Therefore, I’ll be there for you until you achieve your goals. Dream big and be strong. I know you’re definitely a leader of tomorrow. I’ve no intention to change you for only you can change yourself. All I can do is to share with you my experiences when I was at your age. My boy, whatever you’re facing right now, it’s just temporary. Trust me, time will fly and you’ll experience more challenges in life. Everyone goes through the same process, not only you. This is the uniqueness of life and that’s the way we grow up. Take it easy, ok? Welcome to the journey of life. I’ll walk with you for the rest of my life. 

No comments: