Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chinese Baju Kurung


Chinese Baju Kurung:
Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 20th September 2011, Tuesday, 7:16 p.m.-8:59 p.m., In My Middle Room

Ladies and gentlemen,
I’m a Chinese baju kurung Malaysian;
Not to worry for this isn’t a female empowerment,
This is just my faithful and humble statement.

I grew up in the city,
In a diversified multicultural society;
During the National Service I met my dorm mate, Siti,
She gave me her baju kurung without any complexity.

It’s a sign and symbol that we’re truly Malaysians,
We don’t simply make races assumptions;
Instead we have many functions and occasions,
Too many holidays because of festive seasons and celebrations.

The baju kurung is my first piece,
I received it in glee and peace;
It’s yellow, fitting, and suiting my skin,
After seven years I still have it safe and clean.

I love wearing baju kurung,
What could go wrong?
We Chinese do also love wearing sarung,
This kind of tradition has been repeating for so long.

God and history are the ones, who brought me up here till today,
I’ve successfully grown up into a Malaysian lady;
But I sometimes have headaches,
As I face heartbreaks and heartaches.

Malaysia has too many races, ethnics, colors, languages, dialects, and religions,
I think I look too good in my baju kurung;
I’m not famous among the Chinese and Christians,
People love looking at me wearing tudung.

Since years ago,
I’ve been saying no;
To guys who aren’t my goal,
They may think my heart is as black as coal,
But they should know that I actually feel cold,
I’m not as bold as you think I could;
For I can’t possibly mould,
Myself to be a sudden non-Christian mode from head to toe.

Everyone comes from different families,
So do you and me;
I’ve been warned about this,
I don’t want to be a humiliation to my family.

My emotion color is unlike my baju kurung,
That is very bright in yellow;
You can see me still being murung,
Thinking about this I feel so low.

Guys think Chinese girls are open,
And somewhat easy;
They have to have their thoughts re-sharpened,
And don’t say things as they please.

I admit I’m a young adult,
I give and take everything as my knowledge;
But I won’t put certain knowledge into practical without,
Having the official first night of the day I conduct my marriage.

If you think I’m that kind of touch and go woman,
Don’t ever come to me;
I’m not like that and I’m just a normal human,
And somebody’s future wife and mother-to-be.

I don’t like it when you said that I’ll be temporary,
Just for your own satisfactory;
I’m not a candy sweet factory,
My supplies and replies are priceless, spicy, and contemporary.

Modern age doesn’t mean it supports virginity free,
Some girls are still virgins up to their degree;
So why would you want to exploit that particular territory?
I know you want it for your own beneficiary.

No use giving me roses and teddy,
I’m protecting myself as a virgin;
I won’t allow you to start touching my body,
For I don’t want both of us to sin.

If you loyally love me,
You won’t use me;
You won’t say you’ll dump me,
You won’t do something to hurt me.

If you truly love me,
You won’t let me see;
You being hurt,
Out of your own flirt.

That’s why I can’t start this relationship,
It can only remain as friendship;
I don’t need to give people showmanship,
Because true love is far greater than a spaceship.

Like you,
I also think that mix marriage is good;
But the sad thing is that your love isn’t real,
You just want me as your meal.

Even if it’s real,
I can’t make a deal;
Our differences are visible,
Too crystal clear to get me into trouble.

I’m so sorry I can’t go things your way,
Thank you so much for loving me as you may;
I hope you’ll forget me day by day,
Be energized and spirited high with the ray.

Try not to care about what people say,
Tell yourself that everything will be okay;
Take this as a beautiful life experience,
It’s your bravery that gave you this chance.

After you left the scene,
I so need a break;
This emotion is so hard to be seen,
As I seriously felt a major heartbreak.

Don’t ask me again about my love for you,
The problem is I can’t love you;
I don’t deserve your love, too,
Save it and keep it, please, for somebody who can respond to it like you want it to.

You’ve given me a memory,
That’s extremely hard to delete;
Every day I’ll carry,
Until my days are complete.

You aren’t the one to see me age,
You won’t know which of my organs will damage;
You won’t know when I’ll suffocate,
You won’t witness my last breath of the date.

Don’t cry for me if I leave earlier than you,
God saves me from the view of you;
Death will not part me and you,
In Heaven I see you.

Because of you,
My future is unpredictable;
Because of you,
My worry seems to double.

No matter what it is,
This is my true story;
I’m born Chinese,
To God be the glory.

I’ve my only baju kurung with me,
A Malaysian forever I’ll be;
I like people smiling at me,
A Chinese baju kurung me,
I like it and proud to be,
A girl with pride and dignity;
A lady with essence of nationality,
A young adult citizen of such characterism that is never lonely.

No comments: