Monday, October 10, 2011

Unlock the Peacock

Unlock the Peacock: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 10th October 2011, Monday, 8:50 p.m.-9:30 p.m., In My Middle Room (U.H.), Specially Dedicated to Peter Soh Weng Khai

Knock, knock,
Where is the peacock?
Knock, knock,
Do not stop the clock.

Birds a flock,
Skies do not block;
My dear peacock,
Here I unlock.

The freedom is yours,
Your beauty so pure;
One surely endures,
Your smile can cure.

Tick, tock,
There goes the clock;
Flip, flop,
There goes the rock.

Up on your feet you go,
Spread your wings high and low;
Nicely fix your bow,
Make friends and not foe.

Your tail is magical,
I give you score a double;
Showing off to a couple,
Fulfilling people’s whimsical.

Never ever be a mock,
You are a colorful peacock;
Come; let me bring you for a jog,
You are going to be famous in a blog.

You are my Chinese fan,
I am your number one fan;
I do not think I can,
Give you a ban.

You are gorgeously made,
By chemistry and fate;
I have met her on the promised date,
This memory will not fade.

You are now my motive,
Promise me you will stay active;
I am lucky to have Aunty Kim,
She tailored you in my kebaya so him.

If you are smelly,
Do tell my belly;
Do not be sorry,
I made you worry.

But first you need some training,
Especially on swimming;
You will experience bathing,
I will not leave you suffocating.

I will take care of you,
For the rest of my life;
You are my companion so true,
You are the light of my life.

It has been a tiring day,
Let us call it a day;
Go ahead; sleep the whole day,
Today is your day!

Close your eyes,
Do not think twice;
You are my surprise,
You deserve a prize.

Knock, knock,
Do not shut the door;
Knock, knock,
I love you more.

Do you need your sock?
My dear peacock;
Here I keep you warm,
Do not be frightened by the storm.

Sleep tight,
I will wake you after night;
Sweet dream,
I thank you, Aunty Kim.

No comments: