Sunday, October 16, 2011

Black Shadow (Edited)


Black Shadow: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 05/11/2005, 8:07p.m., Saturday. (Edited: 16/10/11, Sun.)

What a bright day today,
Seeing people walking on the street;
Acting like they just don’t care,
It’s not like anybody’s having any fair,
What they did,
They would just give me a stare;
Whenever I fix my hair.

Wherever I go,
I see something following me;
But to me,
There’s nothing to show,
I guess it’ll just flow.

When I turned back,
I see nothing;
Except for the road that I left,
What was that thing?
That kept echoing me,
I felt the rush of adrenaline;
Running all over my body,
But all I see was empty.

It was like magic,
So many questions why;
To me it’s so tragic,
Don’t know what’s gonna happen next,
People around told me to relax,
When they saw;
Something dropped on the floor,
Which I called it my sweat.

I’m a girl,
Of course I’m scared;
It’s not that I wanna give it a twirl,
But I don’t know where would I land,
Giving my black hair a little curl,
I finally see my hand;
Turning and turning,
The black shadow kept following,
It wasn’t any bad guy or something,
It was me all along;
How could I get so wrong,
Listening to my own song,
It only happens during daytime,
When I could enjoy my lime;
Just like the others,
We are peoples,
Knowing that I’ll be just fine,
How could I be so blind?

No comments: