Sunday, August 31, 2014

That I Can't Sleep

That I Can't Sleep
Written originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 1st September 2014, Monday, 1:23 a.m.-2:34 a.m., in my cousin's room just after a slow and warm shower

Last night was another dream,
It was of wood, wind, and beam;
Ignored the walls,
There were we,
Just beside the stream,
The lights were practically dim;
Waitresses to serve and to deem,
A restaurant of fruit and royalty,
So close to me as it was British,
I would fail if it was Irish;
Yet I was too tired to even eat,
I was glad we shared and finished it,
It was a great chat,
With too many similarities indeed;
It was hard for me to express reality,
Whatever the universe hinted me,
There were topics related to it,
He was even more talkative than me;
All I could do was to stare at him,
Looking at his beautiful eyes,
The moment he smiled,
I could just show fragile;
Why should I lie?
That was what I felt inside,
I've lost in his sight,
I'm lost in his sight;
In between the music and light,
Both didn't compromise,
How are you there on the other side?
Can you sleep tonight?
That cheek kiss was my resign,
That hug to you was my benign,
I had given it all up last night,
Acceptance of what's on your mind;
You're far too kind,
You bought what I wouldn't buy,
Especially not for me,
My brand knowledge isn't deep;
Even for a drink I'd think twice to sip,
Not worth it for hard earned money,
Nevertheless I need to enjoy it,
Life won't wait, will it?
I only purchased things necessary,
Thank you for making me smile,
Thank you for making me laugh,
Everything was so worthwhile;
Last night was a "The End" tile,
No more memories a pile a pile,
Your treat I took it like I was a child,
It would only be once in your file;
A promise I made of my own missile,
I might suffer but it wasn't your mile,
I apologized but there was no why,
At least I had given it a try;
That was all the bullet that I applied,
Shooting myself and remaining tight,
Darling Angel is now taking flight,
A free bird as I switched off the light;
You won't hear from me,
That's how things should be,
We never encountered calling,
Good enough for our bodies;
Take care there and live healthy,
I'm now turning sleepy,
I really have to pen off this,
Doing what my body is requesting;
Yesterday was a nonstop walking,
I must complete first this poetry,
Last night was the end of beginning,
We are from two worlds realistically;
Can no longer go on like this,
Underwent all like in a fantasy,
Thank you for accepting me,
It's my heart now that can't sleep;
I shall breathe the breeze in easy,
So that without you it'll still be cosy.

No comments: