Monday, September 15, 2014

A Heart Next to Mine

A Heart Next to Mine
Written originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 15th September 2014, Monday, 8:00 p.m.-8:27 p.m., laying on my bed in my cousin's room, specially dedicated to Anna-Maria Champalbert, the most beautiful soul

The moment I heard your name,
Your presence a gorgeous flame;
As a modest persona you came,
Our first meeting I had to frame.

It would be different,
If I wasn't;
Working through matters,
A workplace does wonders.

I appreciate our chat,
After my dinner;
You were still there,
You said to me,
"I've met the most beautiful person in Capella,"
I replied, "You're more beautiful, Anna-Maria,"
I thank God for yesterday,
We finally met not via email.

We live and lead simple lives,
We know what's behind beehives;
We work hard, not once, not twice but thrice,
All just because of a bowl of rice,
Whatever we go through, there's the beauty that lies,
We just need to open up our eyes;
Not the physical but within the heart that flies,
Across the pacific of miles and miles.

Your soul gracefully would shine,
You're beautiful and sweetly kind;
You're a joy that one would find,
You've a heart next to mine.

The hugs and kisses you gave,
They continued as we paved;
I'm so sorry for no dinner today,
My dear love, we shall meet again.



No comments: