Sunday, August 24, 2014

My Guardian Angel

My Guardian Angel
Written originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 25th August 2014, Monday, 9:58 a.m.-10:27 a.m., in my cousin's room

You were there,
You were there;
All along,
And that could never go wrong.

Last night,
A friend of mine;
Unwind time,
The past is also life,
What we had inside,
Our names thus collide;
Yours that I abide,
More than an apple to the eye,
I keep it by my side,
I was almost blind;
I didn't remember much of that time,
It was you that showed up in white,
She said that you weren't with a tie,
She was certainly right;
How did I miss that sight?
I was black and you white that night.

What is reality playing?
Scene after scene after scene?
What is God telling?
Story after story after story?

A wiseman yesterday said to me,
"It's never your timing,"
We are so close to him,
What does this bond clearly mean?

Come to think of it,
Bit by bit;
Wherever of my being,
Any place just name it,
As common as that can be,
We never missed to see;
A Guardian Angel to be,
And today you're One to me.

No matter how far and how slow,
We still met and just gave it a go;
Ignoring the gist of "I don't know,"
Facing fear and believing tomorrow,
We have felt the warmth and cold,
In front of you I was so bold;
The firmness and security you hold,
We let nature flow and freely spoke.

We never ran out of topics,
The chemistry instantly clicks;
Ended with touches of grins,
Started with what we call bliss.

You were there,
You were there;
All along,
And that could never go wrong.

No comments: