Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Peter A Day


A Peter A Day: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 23rd October 2012, 12:58 a.m.-1:19 a.m., Specially Dedicated to the Awesome, Great, and Talented Makeup Artist to be, Peter Soh Weng Khai and Blessed and Happy Birthday, my Dearest Di Di!!!

From now onward,
I shall begin writing;
Looking forward,
The 11th poem in completing.

Before I sleep,
I want you to think deep;
What could be the best reason that made you weep?
Be not like Little Bo Peep that lost her sheep.

Peter Di,
I love you dearly;
Once you know who you are,
You’ll definitely go far.

Control your anger,
Make yourself wiser;
Be a person bolder,
Each night pat your shoulder.

This world is stronger,
If more people are lovelier;
This world is brighter,
If more people are happier.

We live only once,
How much is there to regret?
An ocean?
A mountain?
Why not just get up and dance?
Learn to forgive and forget;
To those we’ve met,
May God’s blessings be unto them.

Master or Ph.D.,
It’s all on you, Di;
Yes or no to it,
You know where you fit.

As a Postgrad,
Praises from your Dad;
Don’t be mad,
Don’t be sad,
Is life that bad?
If yes, you won’t get what you had;
You’d think instead you wished you had,
Some people never seen before the iPad.

As your sister,
I had my blister;
UM’s life was sweet and sour,
I want you to regain your power.

Remember those who left us,
Those who don’t know us;
Isn’t it wonderful for them to see you?
Being a whole person new?

Continued: 23rd October 2012 – 6:59 p.m.-7:24 p.m.; Edited: 12th Nov.’12 – 12:48 a.m.

Fatigue is controlling over me,
My mind and my physical body;
How I wished to be free,
I don’t hope to be a somebody.

An exile island,
Of hills and mountains;
Before reaching a highland,
You’ll have to drive through narrow circles.

One thing at a time,
Why is it hard to climb?
Leaving things behind,
Looking forward to find,
The person of you inside,
There are choices that you’ve to decide;
I know these but I’m not a philosopher,
Instead I’m just a photographer.

Sometimes it’s okay to close your eyes,
Think of something nice;
We don’t know what the future lies,
We know hard work serves you rice.

Keep a positive mind,
All things happen for reasons;
Even a fine glass can scatter to pieces,
You think seeing is only for the un-blind?

This is what’s left to say,
Don’t forget to pray;
You owe you pay,
You feed the animals hay,
You fix your tooth decay,
You plan well every May;
For a Peter a day,
Keeps the sunshine laugh and ray.

My dearest Di, today is your Birthday!
Be gay and have your say!
Blessed and Happy Birthday!
All the best all the way!

Additional and Impromptu: 10th November 2012 – 9:40 a.m.-9:54 a.m.

Today I woke up so early,
Been sleeping too early;
Didn’t act too much girly,
My hair twirls and so curly.

By midnight this will be yours,
I knew I had to type it out this very moment;
For I may end up doing by force,
I hope never to walk the insincere pavement.

You’re 23, Di and don’t you ever get tired of living! 

No comments: