Friday, November 16, 2012

Empowomen

Empowomen: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 16th November 2012, Friday (T.G.I.F.!), 12:35 a.m.-2:01 a.m., Laying on the Bed of the Room Numbered 319, Block H06, Desasiswa Bakti Permai, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang, Malaysia.

So much have said,
So much have done;
So much have laid,
So much to none.

Material being,
Human being;
Patronizing,
Romancizing.

Fluid off the body,
24 hours of validity;
It’s time to pick up the laundry,
Recognizing identity.

It was a good duration,
For affection;
Longer than the previous,
Except that those were oblivious.

No more monkey,
No more puppy;
From reality to sorry,
From fantasy to gravity.

Thanking but lacking,
Loving but suffering;
Joy but temporary,
Together but solitary.

5 out of 10,
Never a perfect 10;
A woman without a man,
A rooster without a hen.

Pick up the pan,
Get some tan;
Drive the van,
Rise as you can,
It’s not the speed you ran,
It’s how not to pretend;
A good helping hand you lend,
Let all go as you’ve clicked “Send”.

Hope not for return,
Ashes fly after a burn;
Lessons you learn,
Save what you earn.

Motionless on bed,
As if I’m dead;
No blood so red,
Oxygen from heart to head.

Women,
Of breasts;
Uterus,
And vagina,
Men,
Of chests;
Phallus,
And retina.

Dear Adam and Eve,
When did you leave?
Was your love easy?
Do you need lingerie sexy and lacy?

Dearest God,
I’ve no interest in iPod;
Forgive me for my rod,
Forgive me for my nod.

Recovery never came once,
Upon midnight I can already dance;
Living again freelance,
Feeding self with needs and wants.

Will my dream come true?
Is writing rude?
Sketches I drew,
Still raw to brew.

Dearest you,
I want to thank you;
Chosen as your beau,
Though so new.

Culture and religion,
Structure and vision;
Similarities in differences,
Causes in consequences.

Mixed relationship,
Friendship and courtship;
Still in humanity,
Honesty and integrity.

Past memories,
Candies and liquories;
Drama series,
Dark chocolates and strawberries.

Enough already,
Stand up steady;
Never be greedy,
Manage your own needy.

Live healthy and happy,
Stop facing lappy;
Find another story,
Unnecessary a deary.

Ready your garment,
For empowomen;
For the betterment,
Honey goes well with lemon.

I shall continue my journey,
From city to city;
Believing identity,
Till I find my anemoney.

It’s late and it’s a good day,
Empowerhythm will keep me awake;
Fear not and go your way,
Not for anyone but your own sake.

Remember self-respect,
Know how to act;
Improve what you lack,
I’ll say no more and hit the sack.

Gentle warning:
Beware of self-made vocabularies, grammaries, & spellings. The title has spoken well, hasn’t it? 

No comments: