Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Lady Behind the "J"

Dear all,

Greetings.

Just last year, upon Prof.'s advice, I wrote a poem about VJ and she knew and read it. It's still a draft until she allows and approves it to be official. I respect her decision as this poem is all about her and her passion for music. She said that she would send me her edited version but if I'm not wrong, I didn't receive any email (reply) from her till today. I feel that it's time to release this poem, which I personally think that it can be published in USM Jazz Times newsletter if Fong Wan wants it to. It's really up to you but I hope that it's okay for me to post here. Sharing is blessing and caring and thank you so much for everything. I've graduated and left USM, so really thank you so much once again for accepting and publishing my poem previously (as I love writing poetry). May you be inspired by this masterpiece of mine and all the best, guys!

Have a great Sunday ahead and truly be inspired by her! Thank you so much, VJ for everything! You're the best!

Blessed and Happy Deepavali!

Yours sincerely,
Jen or Jenny (as how she addresses me)

                                                                    ***

The Lady Behind the "J"

31st March 2012, Saturday, 6:42 p.m.-6:50 p.m.
Introduction

A feminist of rhyme,
A woman of dime;
She is today 39,
She is a good friend of mine.

Only known to me as VJ,
The saxophone she played;
It's her dream and passion,
Nothing on fame and fashion.

From the V to the J

31st March 2012, Saturday, 6:57 p.m.-7:02 p.m.

Every note is a serenade,
It is never too late;
Failure is a lesson,
Age is not a reason.

9th April 2012, Monday, 10:01 p.m.-10:02 p.m.

One Teh-O,
And one Milo;
And I was like, "Oh!"
I didn't know a mamak can be so stylo!

9th April 2012, Monday, 9:00 p.m.-9:37 p.m.

For our first dinner,
We went to Kayu at Bukit Jambul;
Seriously memang sedap betul!
We took a second order!

Chapati with chicken curry,
Truly original and spicy;
Then with dal added into the picture,
Roti canai was served with texture.

She is one cheerful person I know,
A happy persona with a glow;
A USM graduate who studied Bio,
She remembers one's Birthday via bio.

She is blessed with nice people around her,
Her family and friends are all together;
Seeing her smile and full of laughter,
I can see that music also makes her life better.

Soon she will register,
An exam that will challenge her higher;
Towards a future brighter,
Let's wait for the result either in August or September.

She loves and appreciates music,
So much that she even has her own saying;
"Start your day with music,
Feel your day with music,
End your day with music,"
Even by just listening to it;
You can feel the adrenaline,
That makes you want to be a part of it.

Before she said this saying,
She has another sharing;
"Every musician can be a driver,
But not every driver can be a musician,"
Which I find it extremely true,
Because the talents are already in you;
Witnessing her driving while saying it,
I find her being positive in every single thing.

Here I would like to wish her,
All the very best!
In her Grade 3 exam later,
I am sure she will pass this test!

Rhythm is one tough obstacle,
But with many teachers around her;
Spending time for music isn't a trouble,
Theory lessons will make practical easier.

She is a single lady,
Walking on the street;
I am very full already,
Thank you so much for your treat!

31st March 2012, Saturday, 6:50 p.m.-6:57 p.m.
Conclusion

What a wonderful day!
With her story so inspiring;
Here I am concluding,
She is the lady behind the "J".







No comments: