Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Gift of Gratefulness

The Gift of Gratefulness
Written originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 17th October 2014, Friday, 11:48 a.m.-12:23 p.m., watching The Ellen DeGeneres Show XII on Channel 5

Dear Ching Yee,
Thank you for naming;
More of remembering,
I shall write based on my ability,
It's a homework I shall fulfill this morning.

Many things came to mind,
I wonder which to unwind;
The first I thank The Lord Most High,
Without Him, I would've died.

Words filled my head,
Yet I don't know what to say;
If all that I wished to convey,
That can't be done in a day.

Next I'd like to thank my parents,
For showing me the beauty of Earth;
Giving me a life that's worth,
Guiding me through crossroads and junctions.

Not forgetting my brother and relatives,
Who are also like my adjectives;
Each of us with smiles and tears,
The record is the reunion years.

A shout out to my sisters,
You know who you are;
The miles won't separate us,
You're precious to me like a shining star.

My gained and lost friends,
We're all universal threads;
Fate, chemistry, compatibility, and body language at their bests,
Wearing the friendship shirt if it's a yes,
Then, things will start to be aware,
People will begin to care;
Feelings from being kept to shared,
All of these create memories a stack,
More or less, there won't be a lack,
They'll matter if we're still in contact;
What's important is the heart to protect,
If I ignore you, it'd mean nothing is left to be said,
But if you did come back,
I'd think twice instead;
I trust God's timeframe,
He knows I'm not into temporary game and flame.

I'm a girl of sweets and treats,
I'm a girl of behind the scenes;
I don't mind poor and famine,
I know I struggled to be where I'm in.

"I Need You" by LeAnn Rimes,
I'm also a girl of rhymes;
This is the song I meant to sing,
And this is a gift of gratefulness to you sincerely from me.

No comments: