Monday, January 21, 2013

If I Had A Daughter, That'd Be You


If I Had A Daughter, That’d Be You: Written originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen on 21st January 2013, Monday from 8:45 p.m. to 9:35 p.m., In my hostel room (Room 319, Block H06, Desasiswa Bakti Permai, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia) laying on the bed, back-watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S and chatting with my cousin, Hui Hui via WhatsApp.

A moment in the pantry,
Outside I was looking;
Two women in black walking,
My mind wonders in sanctuary.

By the time you read this,
You may call me Mommy;
But I may not give you bliss,
I may leave Earth already.

Baby darling,
I hear your voice singing;
Your eyes twinkling,
I call your phone ringing.

Take care of yourself,
I remind you since twelfth;
Caution on the margarita,
And guys calling you senorita.

Life brings you to wonderland,
Perhaps you don’t even dare;
Or try not to care,
Face it and firmly stand.

A woman of all worth,
You’re precious since birth;
You aren’t the first, second, or third,
Yet you’ll leave flying like a bird.

If you were to be here,
If I had no fear;
You’d always be my dear,
My love for you sincere.

Since childhood,
I wrote in a book;
My daughter named Rachel,
My son named Jesse.

Later I found it wrong,
My diary gone;
It was so long,
Still in my mind on and on.

My life story isn’t pretty,
I don’t want you to be in it;
Instead you create your own meaning,
Don’t let others affect any of it.

I don’t mind who you want to be,
You don’t live my fantasy;
You do your own thing,
I’d say you’re responsible with what you dream.

My support to you is endless,
You don’t have to me impress;
I’m neither a princess nor empress,
Just please don’t be senseless.

The choices made are yours,
Including the boys;
I do still have the voice,
So sorry if I make noise.

I pray for your health and happiness,
I hope not to lead you to blindness;
My love life is a plain madness,
Maybe I won’t even see you, Your Highness.

I’m your friend,
Till the end;
Take my hand,
I understand.

I’m still young,
With my clan;
My phone rung,
There’s no plan.

Now with you,
In my womb;
No tomb,
I feed you.

If I had a daughter,
That’d be you;
I shall meet you faster,
I love you.

This world may be turning around,
I’m losing my bound;
Let’s not go down and drown,
Let’s not frown.

I’m carrying you,
I’ve not seen you;
If only he knew,
I’m unlike his few.

I’m having a baby,
Of another somebody;
Thank you for making me a Mommy,
Though technically temporary.

I’m unmarried,
I’m nobody;
My dignity and integrity,
Still fresh in me.

This child,
Not mine;
A kiss goodbye,
A hug lullaby.

Don’t remember me,
Don’t miss me;
I’ll just be walking in my tee and jeans,
Like the two black-attired ladies. 

No comments: