Thursday, February 23, 2012

Faces of Love


Faces of Love: Written Originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 23rd February 2012, Thursday, 9:42 p.m.-9:56 p.m.; 11:58 p.m.-12:00 a.m.

What is love?
Why is it absurd?
Why does it hurt?
Who is love?

She said to me,
“Marry him.”
I think about it,
She said she is sorry.

It is easy,
For him;
Ignoring me,
Chasing me.

“I love you.”
It sounds so true;
I was a fool,
Trusting you.

“It is nice meeting you again,”
another said;
“You look attractive.”
I did not buy it.

Today,
I heard;
A couple separated,
He did not lie.

Just now,
A lost and found;
My heartbeat skipped a count,
He did not bow.

“Let’s get married.”
I received;
I told him,
“Don’t play with it.”

Is he that serious?
Does love really have faces?
Where are the ring and roses?
Has love lost its focus? 

No comments: