Sunday, June 22, 2014

When Stitch Meets Kitty

When Stitch Meets Kitty
Written originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 23rd June 2014, Monday, 11:02 a.m.-11:46 a.m., In my cousin's room, Laying on the bed, Specially dedicated to the one and only her, Elaine Ling Tian Hui by someone's request

Can you believe it?
After all these years;
After all those tears,
I'm writing poetry than a tweet.

How long has it been?
Countless times of memories;
Together with you is bliss,
Although at times we're mean.

You comfort me,
You up cheer me;
You listen to me,
You share with me.

You possess maturity,
The sense of tranquility;
Living a life of quality,
Your age of purity.

Through many ups and downs,
Through shorts till gowns;
We still carry on life a bounce,
Overall it's the actions that counts.

Sometimes we could be crazy,
Age gap of 13 is totally nothing;
Pillow, blanket, and whatever fight there is,
Altogether happened before we fall asleep.

We tuned in to the same music,
One of them is Radioactive;
We sing along and party,
With chocolate, yoghurt, milk and Pokka drinks, Mentos, chips, biscuits, ... - you name it!

Reading is also an essential thing,
This passion forever we'll bring;
Nurtured from young of library and bookstore visiting,
Borrowing and returning already a fine routine.

Without you in my life,
I would be so lonely;
You know my strife,
My melancholy.

Yet you didn't give up on me,
No matter how flawed I can be;
Accepting me as who I'm supposed to be,
Dreaming big but the person losing is also me.

Up till now I'm still struggling,
My career path still dangling;
My health deteriorating,
With you, I feel less suffocating.

Regardless of situations,
We always encourage each other;
Hoping for better conclusions,
Your homework I also bother.

Thank you for making me laugh,
Though at times the opposite;
But no way we're going to bluff,
We're honest people and not plastic.

I love the photos we took together,
From selfie all the way to the sticker;
I love you more than a cousin sister,
I hope that our lives will be better.

You're a good girl,
You know the world;
One day you'll travel,
Eating cheese platter.

Your favourite colour is purple,
Mine is definitely pink;
We're two different people,
Yet family related in an eye blink.

People thought I look younger,
I don't look 27?
Could it be because of your shirt?
Or me being childish and immature.

Yes, I must admit this,
Wearing your clothes;
I'm glad they fit,
If not, my days can't go.

Snapchat, WhatsApp, and SMS,
That can never ever end;
Regardless of time sent,
Always a reply and not a mess.

We love swimming, sands, and Pangkor beach,
We can always preach and preach;
The beauty of nature from sky to bridge to reach,
Oh, so mesmerizing that we don't want to leave!

I don't mind investing on you,
Time, money, everything true;
In the end, it's not the materials,
But all of the memories in serials.

How long have I been writing?
I can't seem to find an ending;
With you, it's all on beginning,
Night could also be morning.

Oh, I forgot that we shouldn't say thank you,
It's because it's clearly understood;
Our hearts connect like they should,
I won't leave home because I'll surely miss you.

If one day I were to go,
Will you want to follow?
If I could make it for Ellen DeGeneres' talk show,
You're the first to know and go.

Baby, my dear, my dearest,
Whichever that I call you first;
You know my secrets,
You don't mind my thirst.

I wish you all the best,
Believe in yourself;
I'm blessed you're here,
Happiness is near.

No comments: