Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Prefer Reality

I Prefer Reality
Written originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 12th October 2013, Saturday, 5:07 a.m.- 5:53 a.m., in my own room at my new home at a starry hill, awakened after a dream.

Yesterday it was glee,
Finally greeted my Sis;
She asked me of him,
Whom I lost contact already,
Tonight I dreamt of him,
This is reality;
He was driving me,
I was beside sitting,
We talked without feeling,
The clothes we were wearing;
There was so much of his country,
A celebration or something,
The Prime Minister was food giving,
We just passed by him only wishing;
Not remembering taking,
I didn't know anything,
Not a single thing of entity,
Never mind that thing;
It has passed already,
We reached our hostel finally,
We went to our rooms separately,
I needed the washroom - finding;
Met a junior of my initial company,
We talked yet I needed the loo badly,
Inside was really very funny,
The guys' part was full of watery;
But it was still okay to me,
She worked as a writer something,
Not bad quite a successful lady,
Then, I received a tutor calling;
I provided English teaching,
I went to this door knocking,
It was him that was there staying,
I forgot my speech but I was leaving;
He came out and started begging,
He said the loving and confessing,
What was he doing kneeling?
Why was he tearing?
Why was I tearing?
Why did he come body locking?
I did force self-releasing,
All the way to the stairs running;
He came after me chasing,
I said I wanted a Westerner to marry,
A mixed marriage to be,
He didn't make me happy;
I always ended up crying,
But he was my once special kiss,
Now that I shouldn't miss,
For he's dead to me;
There's no happy ending,
It was just a dream,
I awoke with nothing happening,
Just the coughing and peeing;
Stop the self-lying, please,
Maybe it's just a topic to release,
I really need to sleep,
Working has been really tiring;
Like I said he's been dead to me,
Though his image and all so glaring,
He told me he'd go for swimming,
The clothes just leave them as it is;
I told him I'd be at my place not his,
He didn't mind about it anything,
Separate ways not a big thing,
Hostel like apartment so big;
Why am I recording down this?
Rather spend time typing sleepily,
I would still somehow prefer reality,
He doesn't care about me;
He doesn't love me,
Born this month not being with me,
Why is my heart now still signaling?

No comments: