Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Cow Over the Tree

The Cow Over the Tree
Written originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 13 August 2013, 6:04 p.m.-6:24 p.m., Tuesday, on the way home from Muar, Johor with my parents.

The cow tiptoed gracefully,
Slightly on the top of the tree;
Was it ballet or just a dream?
Was it really or just fantasy?
The cow didn't fall in agony,
The tree stood below him;
The tree kept on feeding in,
He kept on being fed in,
The whole universe bowed freely,
The cow and tree provided the needy;
No one would ever be sorry,
Of getting whatever they need,
Please just tell me your story,
I had only just one life to live;
Everything was a symbiosis belief,
You and me carried grin and grief,
Tomorrow was never a guarantee,
Did I've super powers of any?
Thank God I didn't need many,
My gratitude towards the elderly,
Made me forget every melancholy,
Simple living was the basic identity;
We didn't need that much technology,
Home with love was only the need,
No measure of light weight or heavy,
Thin or thick the soup was the gravy;
I apologized for my brain being fussy,
Awakened me I shouldn't be messy.

No comments: