Thursday, June 4, 2015

Profession

Profession 
Written originally by Jennifer Soh Li Wen, 5th June 2015, Friday, 1:26 p.m.-1:36 p.m., Lunching alone in Adam's Hawker Centre, Botanic Gardens 

One, two, three, 
Action! 
My mind is thinking,
Profession. 

Being in education,
Is this my destination?
Oh no, thought of changes,
Which also means challenges.

Teaching children,
Caring patients;
Where's the turn?
What's patience?

From head to tummy,
All the way to the feet;
Hope I didn't do anything,
Hurting with or without ink.

I pray for speedy recovery,
For those needing it;
Deeply I'm very sorry,
You outburst crying suddenly.

Yet you accepted me,
Sitting on my lap quietly;
Glad there was Mommy,
Carrying you up gently.

And so I thought again,
Where should I begin?
Leave this or stay,
To wherever it may?

No comments: